Friday, January 22, 2010

To my dear reader.

Good afternoon! Since my last post I have applied to eight colleges. Now all that's left to do is send in the mid-year high school report and financial aid forms. Well, at least there're no more essays to write.
I'm writing this in my living room, listening to country music on the radio. I have pretty diverse taste in music, ranging from Jay Z to C.P.E. Bach, Imogen Heap to Taylor Swift, The Beatles to Brahms. There's a very specific mood I have to be in for country. I listen to it most when I'm feeling a need for simple human desires, such as land, love, families, and life. I listen when I'm sad about being single, when I'm wistful for home (the farm), and when I'm thinking about having a family in the future. Of course, I think about these things when listening to other styles of music as well, but Country always hits those points most directly.
Over the next few weeks, I will continuing work on my outfit for Henkel Square. What, you may ask, is Henkel Square? It is a collection of historically refurbished historic buildings that is the location of a civilian Civil War reenactment this February. I am trying my best to be historically accurate with clothing and accessories, but it's becoming difficult as the time dwindles away. I have a month, and I still need a dress! I have faith that all will fall into place, however, so I'm trying not to worry.
I made an apron today out of navy and cream plaid. It took quite a few hours, so I need to work on my efficiency I think. Tomorrow I am hoping to tackle the drawers, having now had experience making ornamental tucks.
Now it is much too late to be awake. Adieu, mes amis, adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment