Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good evening, my dear reader:

I realize that this is crass and ill-bred, double posting to my blog on one day, however I am willing to sacrifice my good standing for a little let-loose.

Chemise is now fully gathered and edged, but just pinned in place. I still have to adjust the gathering around the neckline, as it is making a weird squarish line on the right side. I also have to hem the thing and add lace to the sleeve edges. Then it'll be DONE! My very first sewing project, drafted and completed by hand. Next I'm due to make some drawers, then a corset. I'm deathly afraid of the corset, and might not go through with it till sometime this summer. We'll have to see. The problem is that my summer is seeming to shrink before my very eyes. First week of June is Firebird production week. Second week is either Victorian ball with some friends at school or senior trip with Sue-Sue and Morgan and Nicki. Third week is family reunion (Dad's side) in California. Fourth week is (ostensibly) the beginning of my volunteer work at the Elissa in Galveston. Unless something else comes up. This is highly irritating to me, as I really wanted to spend at least a month at the Elissa, an 1877 iron-hulled barque, tall sailing ship. But it's not looking like I'll get that much time. I mean, I'm delighted to go to Europe, if Mom actually gets us there. Thrilled, excited, ecstatic. However, I've wanted to volunteer at the ship for many years, and this summer is the first time I'd actually be able to.

My piano lesson today was good, though the weekly embarrassment of not having practiced nearly enough is getting quite old. As in eight months old. But I oughtn't complain; it is, after all, completely and altogether my own fault. If I would just practice... but c'est la vie. C'est la mon vie.

Now I am finishing my college applications. YUCK. Good night, and good luck [to me].

No comments:

Post a Comment