Sunday, January 31, 2010

Music on a Blog

I have never felt that forcing music upon one's readers is very polite, something of an earlier internet page trend. Yet here I am, hypocrite extraordinaire, enforcing my musical choices upon you, my readers. I apologize most fervently, and point you to the "pause" button on the iPod on your left.

This is a rather random assortment of music I am fond of, including many tracks from the Pride and Prejudice movie and The Young Victoria movie, alongside a couple Victorian-American folk tunes.

The two movies are some of my favorites (though the new P&P is nothing to the BBC version of the '80s), with wonderfully romantic stories and exquisite clothing. The Young Victoria, especially, is a figurative feast for the eyes, and I recommend it with no reservations whatsoever to anyone interested in history, historic clothing, architecture, romance, royalty, bittersweet endings, or beautiful music.

I just purchased the e-patterns for a Regency Lady's Closet and Underpinnings from Sense and Sensibility. I know, I know, not exactly the time period I can anticipate reenacting much in Texas (or anywhere in the US for that matter!), but I couldn't help myself. I am simply drawn to the simple lines of the Regency period, the subtle elegance and poised grace recorded in Austen's literature and brought to life in its clothing. I hope to make the interlining of the short stays soon, (convenient built-in mockup!), goodness knows if I'll have time, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment