Saturday, September 18, 2010

New Reenactment Goodies

I just got my order from Jas. Towsend and Son, and I'm pretty excited about it! I couldn't afford the actual silver wear at this time, at $30, but I'm hoping to get by with my wooden spoons! I know, it's pretty ridiculous, but I'm only a poor college student. Hopefully my fellow reenactors will be understanding and not mock me for my (I'll admit) rather lame utensil-substitutes.

Here are pictures:


(Tin plate, wooden spoons, and bamboo tea strainer)


(Tin candle holder, three beeswax candles)


(Quart-sized tin mug, glass bottle)


(Showing how enormous the quart mug is!)


(Cotton muslin liner I made for the bamboo strainer, as my tea-leaves went through every tiny hole in the strainer!)

Here are some preview pictures of my quilt-lined winter hood. I'll try to get some pictures of the finished thing (I just need to sew up a couple raw edges and it will be done!) uploaded soon :)


(Stitching the quilted lining to the flannel outer.)

(You can sort of see the flower design I decided to do in the center of the lining.)

For now, I'm done. I have both a sun bonnet and a winter hood, and someday I'll get around to trimming my bonnet, at which point I will have quite a respectable collection of 1860s headwear. Now what I *need* is a second pair of drawers, as I only have one, and it's quite a nuisance for three-day weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment